I own Saltshaker Marketing, a boutique agency that creates cookbooks and other culinary content and marketing strategies for food, wellness, and tourism companies.
I also teach people how to write cookbooks through The Cookbook Course. And, I work with individuals to develop proposals and manuscripts.
Ask me what my hometown is, and I’ll answer Earth. My dad was a pilot and officer in the US Army, so I grew up all around the world. I’ve lived in too many cool places to call any one of them home. I presently live in Atlanta, Georgia.
More about me:
- James Beard Award winner (2015; Cooking Light Mad Delicious)
- New York Times bestseller (2010; The Carb Lovers Diet)
- Luce Award for Best Book of the Year (2015; Cooking Light Mad Delicious)
- Luce Award Finalist for Best Blog (2010; “I’m a 220-pound Weight Loss Editor. Get Over It.”)
- worked for Time, Inc. and ABC News / The Walt Disney Co.
- instructor at Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts in Atlanta
- Master of Liberal Arts in Gastronomy, Boston University
- Culinary Arts Certificate, Boston University
- Graduate Certificate in Marketing Strategy, Cornell University
- Les Dames D’Escoffier: founding member of the Birmingham, Alabama chapter
- Southern Foodways Alliance: member & scholarship winner (2004)
- Co-Founder, FoodBlogSouth (now FoodMediaSouth by the Southern Foodways Alliance)
- Co-Founder, Birmingham Public Library’s Eat Drink Read Write Festival, Birmingham, AL
- BS in Mass Communications, emphasis Print Journalism